Thursday, July 19, 2012

All The Things Between Us

Don't forget!  That is, remember: Porter is playing 
Second Stage on Saturday, July 21st, 2012 at 3:00pm.
 

Most of the time there isn't any rhyme or reason to 
the order I'm posting these but in this case this 
one goes along with the previous posted song. It 
goes over the same ground as "Another Lonely Night".
Not much to relate with this one. It has a traditional 
C&W style.  I dunno - "It's just a song."  

© 2011 Fort Creek Songs

 
All of the Things Between Us
 
Aug 27 '11
F
I measured all the things between us
Bb
They didn't amount to much
F
Some plates and books and furniture
C
Photographs and such
 
F
My ring stayed on the bedside table.
Bb
It must've slipped my mind.
Gm7
Splitting up what's left of us,
C
Takes a toll over time.
 
Chorus:
F                     Bb
All of the things between us
Gm                    C
Always getting in the way.
We couldn't see what we once saw
                             C7
Goodbye to shared days
 
I measured all the things between us
They added up to a lot
Inches, feet and miles grew
Now distance is all we've got.
 
You kept the truck and filled it up
With half of our old life
I kept trying to get used to
Calling you my "ex" wife
 
Chorus
 
I measured all the things between us
They didn't amount to much
a broken heart, a broken promise
Abandoned by your touch
 
Memories of better times.
Fade into the past
All those people talking
They can all go kiss my ass.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter