Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Prayer For The Traveler


© Apr 2012 Fort Creek Songs

Here's my latest complete song.  (I do have some newer lyrics but haven't
put them to music yet.)  Porter hasn't tried this one.
 
Received the melody for this one while falling asleep about to
take a nap. Laura said it sounded like a traveling song so I wrote the lyrics
around that theme.  I don't know what key I'm going to put it in so once I figure
that out I'll come back and put the chords in here. 
 
A Prayer for the Traveler
Apr. 22 2012

Whistling intro
 
Head out of town
Head in the clouds
Headlights on the road
The gift of grace bestowed
 
Chorus:
Lead me with true navigation
Under moon or sun
Take me to my destination
Get me there on time
Keep me between the lines.
 
Keep a steady hand
With watchful eye on the land
When danger is near
A warning sign send to appear.
 
Chorus:
Keep me free of complications
Under moon and sun
Saying prayers and incantations
To get me there on time
Keep me between the lines
 
Not on any map
Folded hands in my lap
The journey is the reward
Carry me safely to you, O Lord
 
Chorus:
Give me strength for complications
Following true navigation
Planets line in exaltation
To get me there on time
Keep me between the lines
The road I take is mine
My soul to be refined

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter