Monday, July 16, 2012

August Blue

© 2002 Fort Creek Songs

Here's a short one.  I was searching through my e-mail account for something else and this came up.  It's going way back to when as a young man, all I wrote were love songs.  It's a finger-style, jazzy type acoustic number that I wrote in an alternate tuning (which I did a lot of back then).  I'm not sure I remember how to play this one, so the chords won't be included above the lyrics as per usual.  I played this one with The Octoberists once or twice. I made up some parts that were too hard for me to play (I do that sometimes - in "Fads[The Way the Money Goes]" too) so it just sort of fell to the wayside.


Sunlight through windows is throwing diamonds on the floor
and my heart is peaceful with thoughts of your trip to the shore
your eyes wide open to scenes of this country so vast
your music is filled with the beauty of centuries past


august blue
gentle hue
leads me to
thoughts of you


streetlights through closed blinds are throwing straight lines on your face
and my heart is peaceful as we lie in this warm embrace
bodies lie close as if rose petals pressed in a book
feelings exchanged with the passing of one knowing look


august blue
gentle hue
leads me to
thoughts of you

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky girl

10:48 PM  
Blogger Ludger Sylbaris said...

Yes, she was. But then again, so was I. We had some nice times together.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter