Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Behind the Mask




I've played hockey since I was 5 years old. I've played ice hockey, ball hockey, table hockey, quarters hockey, mini-stick hockey, hotel-hallway hockey, air hockey, bubble hockey, and roller hockey. Never once (that I can recall) did I ever play in goal.

Well, Sunday I finally strapped the pads on. Shane bought some used equipment with the extra money from the ice time in case a goalie didn't show. And a goalie didn't show.



A quick recap:

1) I had a shutout going for about 35mins. I only had about 8 shots in those 35 minutes because the opposing team tried to pass too much, my defence blocked everything and the teams were a bit unbalanced with our team being the stronger of the two. Here is some video footage summing up my performance with Shane as commentator:



2)Do not try to play goalie in regular skates. There is no lateral movement. People can just deke you out left and right. Here is me with perfect form, square to the shooter waiting to stop the puck:



3)At times, goalie is a boring position.


4)At other times it is very frustrating. I would get seriously pissed off if someone scored on me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter