Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Random stuff

1) The other night I had a million-dollar-idea in a dream:

BACK TRADERZ.com!

Trade the books you no longer want with others on-line. (Get it? Paperback....trading.....BACK TRADERZ!!!) Sorta like eBay. I haven't figured out how to make money from the idea yet but if you do, you owe me a dollar. (Oh yeah and take that silly 'z' off the end and replace it with an 's'.)

Okay, I'm back from the actual site backtraders.com who apparently are a rock band comprised of portfolio managers in Europe. I guess the 'z' stays.

2) Anyone know anything about sailing? I want to learn to sail and buy a boat. I'm considering selling a couple guitars to go towards this endeavor.

3)Wanna buy a guitar? Specifically the blue Gretsch and the brown Telecaster. Let's talk $!








You can hear them here:



and here:




4) I have FINALLY managed to produce a decent loaf of bread.

Attempt #1. Fifteen minutes is not enough time for dough to rise. Try 1h, then 30min then another 1h. Here's attempt one:



Bwahahahaha! A couple of sad little turds there. Didn't taste too bad but they were tough and dense.

Here's attempt #3 with Mamere's recipe (my deceased French-Canadian grandmother):



It's starting to resemble bread. Scrawled handwriting is hard to follow. And "half a handful"...my hand or her's? Probably her's, eh?

And finally after 2 months, 5 attempts 2 recipes and 11 loaves, we have....



...BREAD! It's light as a cloud, as tall as it should be and the proper colour...(I'm talking about that looker on the end there...ignore those other two loaves in the background)....The right yeast is important.....Now I just have to fine tune it for optimum taste output and I'm set.

#5) I haven't posted a pic of the dogs lately so here's one of them waiting for a walk. Leo thinks if he sits we'll leave faster. He's right. Mira hasn't figured that out yet.:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter