Monday, October 08, 2007

A few random things.

1) The other morning I awoke to the sound of delayed rhythmic banging downstairs. Laura was at work and the dogs were in view so I was puzzled as to what it was. As I reached the bottom of the stairs something quickly flew by and into the window. Somehow a bird had gotten in our house. I closed all the drapes and opened the patio door and eventually corralled the bird outside. My sister tells me it is a harbinger of bad luck. Uh-oh.



2) Back in early August I revived my dormant desire to be able to lucid dream. I tried a few years ago but ended up losing interest after having 2 lucid dreams. Well, so far I have been able to have two more. The first one happened the day after I shaved my head. I dreamed I was looking in a mirror and had a full head of hair. "I just shaved my head....I must be dreaming. I'M DREAMING". I shouted and spun around with my hands victoriously in the air. I got so excited I woke up. The second one was last night. I ended up flying through a window and around my grandmother's old house.


3) I read somewhere that a small amount of acetone (the 100% pure kind - found at drug stores) will increase your fuel mileage by 35% or more due to the fact that it reduces the surface tension that inhibits vaporization of some fuel droplets. They recommend you try it for a while, then stop and see the difference it makes. I will test this out.

4) I have a whole bunch of gigs coming up.

The Octoberists will be opening for Jacob and Lily at Loplops Friday, October 19th.

Laura and I will be doing an acoustic set at the Bottoms Up Lounge Saturday, Novemeber 3rd. Shane and Carl will be doing a set each, as well.

According to my brother GDH will be playing the SpeakEasy soon. All date are tentative.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ludger Sylbaris said...

In regards to #3, I just found this video and this Q&A:

for:
http://kipkay.com/ (scroll down for video)

against:
http://www.cartalk.com/content/columns/Archive/2006/January/08.html

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter