Thursday, October 26, 2006

A New Addition

Allow me to introduce you to the newest member of the family...she's the sweetie in the middle of the couch between Laura's classical and my steel string. I bought her at a magical store in Soo Mich. for A THIRD of what they're going for on eBay! A THIRD!!! Shane picked up a beautiful 12 string too. We declared them both at customs and since they cost so little the guy didn't even make us pay duty! Laura was mad 'cause now she has to think of a new Christmas present for me but I just couldn't pass this deal up.



(like all pics on this site, click to enlarge)
It sounds pretty good. I'm still getting used to that high thin string being the top one instead of a fatty mcfat fat one and the fact of one less string. But I'm learning a ton of Sufjan Stevens songs now. Oh...watch this. It's beautiful:

"For the Widows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti":



Anyway, the Uke is from my sister Mary and the electrics you've been introduced to already. This post has brought to my attention the fact that none of my guit-boxes have names. Should I name them? Is that lame? I'm almost 30 now so my ability to determine cool from lame is in severe decline. (What ability?...you ask...haha ya gigbag!) What should I name them? I'll have to sleep on it and get back to you.


p.s. Big news coming up!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter