Friday, January 15, 2010

Movie Buffed

Laura bought me a subscription to Zip.ca for my birthday/Christmas present this year. I now have access to many movies the stores in the Soo don't carry and/or I can't find online. Things like Sunset Bvld. (1950), Zardoz (1974) and The Rules of the Game (La regle du jeu) (1939). Right now there are 89 films on my ZipList.

Part of the fun is watching the street scenes of the films and seeing what life looked like back then. In that vein here is a youtube video of a street in San Fransisco in 1905. It reminded me of my days back in India where traffic is much less ordered and much more chaotic. Watch how many cars and horse & buggies cut across the track right in front of the train. I found it fascinating and fun. I counted three people who almost got run over in 7 minutes.



And here is London in 1927...in colour!:




p.s. Porter and Woody Sims are playing Searchmont this weekend. Sets start at 4pm-ish and 9pm-ish

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter