Monday, April 07, 2008

Build Update

This weekend I went out to the camp to get the holes drilled for the neck. My first attempt was ugly so Uncle Dennis gave me a hand this time. You can see my first attempt (the dowels). Hopefully this one works out.


The electronic components arrived as well:



Pots, switches, jack, roller knobs:



Wires and wiring diagram:


I also started to install the tuners. They're the first thing I've done on this project that I didn't screw up the first time. I shouldn't talk too soon though as I haven't quite finished them yet:



I'll have to enlarge the holes to get the collet to fit.


Up next is: buy a neck pickup, wire it all together, test it out, take it apart, paint it, wait a month for the paint to cure, put it all back together and finally play it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter